For those with a medical condition that has been diagnosed by an MD who are unable to wear a mask during play, the following is needed in order to be eligible to participate in games without a mask in proper place:
- a letter from your MD, with signature stating your condition and must state you are exempt from having to wear a mask during play
- letter MUST be on official letterhead from your clinic or is not considered official per MN Hockey exception criteria
- letter must be submitted to the firstname.lastname@example.org and your division VP
- letter must be kept with you for all games in case of verification request. We suggest a team manager also have a copy.
Any questions, please email email@example.com
The answer is YES - all players must still wear a mask in the arena and during the game regardless of recent Covid cases.
Games can start January 14th, 2021 - this includes WHAM games!
NEW RULES (these are not guidelines) that must be followed:
New Rules (NOT guidelines) implemented by the State of Minnesota and/or Minnesota Hockey Board of Directors for the 2020-21 season only will be effective on January 4. Some may be adjusted as the season progresses and games are allowed. These new rules include:
1. Per the state mandate, cloth face coverings (masks) must be worn by everyone inside an
arena at all times. This includes participants during on-ice practice and game play.
Cloth face masks must be worn by all players at all times - on and off the ice
A plastic hockey helmet shield does NOT count as a face covering
If there is a medical reason where a player is unable to wear a face covering, an official note from their MD must be obtained, submitted to the WHAM firstname.lastname@example.org prior to game participation email address and kept with the player/manager for every game/event in case of player challenge.
2. Locker rooms may not be used. Players should put skates on in designated areas of the arena that provides for social distancing.
3. No equipment bags will be allowed in facilities with the exception of goalies.
4. All players must arrive to the arena fully dressed, with the exception of skates, helmet and gloves. Goalies are allowed to arrive half dressed.
5. Players must not enter the arena prior to 10 minutes before the start of their scheduled ice time. They must exit the arena no later than 10 minutes following the conclusion of their ice time. No socializing before or after the games is allowed inside of the arena.
6. Spectators will not be allowed in arenas.
7. Dryland activities will not be allowed inside the arenas.
1. If I am a dual rostered player (ie. primary and a secondary player) during a normal season, can I choose to play on my secondary team (higher level team) this season and still be able to play on my primary team (lower level team) next season?
- YES - The WHAM board understands that many dual rostered players will need to make a decision between their two teams this year to make rosters work. The board is anticipating the 2021-22 season to be "back to normal" and you will be able to rejoin your second team that you are accustomed to playing with during non-pandemic years.
2. If I am a player in the league, but also coach a different team in the league, am I allowed to be on the bench with the team I coach?
- No - the 1 team rule includes both players and coaches. You are allowed to be an active participant on only 1 team this year - you must choose to play or coach.